Saturday, July 19, 2014

CSA Share Week #7


I know I haven't posted in awhile, so I'll make up for it this week by trying to share recipes for everything in this week's package.


CSA Share Week #7: Beets not pictured.

In this week's share, the following items were included:

  • Spaghetti Squash
  • Heirloom Tomatoes
  • Cucumber
  • Butterhead Lettuce
  • Yellow Beans
  • Blueberries (CRO's own this year!)
  • Beets (not pictured)
Shaun and I don't care for beets particularly, but we might try grilling them with some orange juice and herbs, as I've heard that's pretty good.

I am going to roast the 2 small squash we got, and maybe make a Morroccan inspired lentil and squash stew with it and use the tomatoes in that as well. I'll probably roast the yellow beans with some olive oil and garlic as a side dish. The cucumber would make a nice refreshing side salad with a vinegar and dill dressing over some fresh lettuce.

Tonight, I am going to make blueberry basil lemonade using the remaining basil from last week's share and the pint of blueberries in with this week's box. Here's a recipe I will probably use as a guide:






No comments:

Post a Comment